Keeping Our Commitment to You
|Contact us for more information|
Children in Texas without health insurance may be able to get low cost or free health coverage from the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). This program covers office visits, prescription drugs, dental care, eye exams, glasses, and much more.
Community First Health Plans is a CHIP health plan in the Bexar County service area. Our network doctors and providers will help you get the care you need. We are the only non-profit, locally owned health plan available to you. If you have questions, call us. We can help you.
As a Community First CHIP member, you have access to the following extra benefits including:
- 24-Hour Nurse Advice Line
- Bus tokens for medical appointments and health education classes
- $125 allowance on prescription lenses and frames
- A prescription discount card your whole family can use
- Sports and school physicals
- Weight management program
Families with children who get CHIP pay no more than $50 a year for health care coverage. Some families with CHIP may also need to pay co-pays for some services. To find out more and to apply, visit www.chipmedicaid.org. You can also call 1-877-543-7669.